Pre-order now, sizes M, L and XL will be back in stock in April 2022. Size S in stock May 2022, order now to avoid disappointment!
Payment methods available for Commencal are WorldPay, Paypal and Laybuy. Other payment methods will be refunded in full and the order cancelled.
Free home delivery for this product, don't miss out!
Includes customs duty and VAT so no hidden costs to be received at a later date.
Commencal bikes are distributed directly from the Commencal warehouse in France, please allow up to 10 working days for delivery.
When we developed the META TR 29, our intentions were clear - to make a bike that performs very well uphill but that also retains the COMMENCAL downhill DNA. We got the result we wanted thanks to a few key points:
- Large 29-inch wheels.
- Reworked and modifiable kinematics making the bike more dynamic.
- A straighter seat angle (and reduced offset).
The result is a particularly harmonious bike, a formidable pedaller and ideal companion for long active rides. The TR is seamlessly capable of transcending from uphill to downhill and soaking up all types of lumps and bumps in between. Thanks to 140mm of rear travel and the 150mm or 160mm fork, it tackles most obstacles without hesitation. Plus, the TR shows liveness and is playful when it comes to the terrain and pumping for speed etc. Mike Kazimer, reporter at Pinkbike, describes the META TR 29 as one of the funnest bikes he's ridden!
The stiffness of the frame is always the subject of much attention.
The use of double-row Enduro Bearings allows a more homogeneous deformation of the frame without the loss of stiffness via the bearings.
In addition to all this in-depth work, like on our META POWER TR, META SX and CLASH bikes, we now offer a Flip Chip on the shock absorber extension in order to more acutely adjust the geometry, and therefore fit your personal style! This system means you can influence the height of the bottom bracket as well as the steerer and saddle angles within seconds. Depending on what you want, effectively, you can choose between a lively bike perfect for big pedalling missions, or more progressive bike ideal for days in bike park or on more committed lines.
About the META TR RIDE
In this timeless Dirt colour with a matte finish, our META TR RIDE blends into any environment.
with the RIDE model adventures are definitely on the cards, whether you've out for a couple of hours or several days:
- The ROCKSHOX Revelation RC fork has 35mm diameter stanchions which are stiff and precise, plus they're easy to adjust.
- The Deluxe Select + shock absorber allows you to quickly and easily adapt the behaviour of the bike depending on various factors.
- A SRAM SX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain will help you overcome the toughest obstacles.
- On the way downhill, the clean feel and reliability of the SRAM Guide T 4-piston brakes are guaranteed to stop you effectively.
- The KS Rage-I telescopic seat post provides real comfort and significant freedom of movement.
- The MAXXIS DHR II and Dissector tyres perfectly match this META TR 29 and give an excellent compromise between lateral grip and roll.
FRAME: 2022 META TR, 140 MM TRAVEL
SHOCK: ROCKSHOX DELUXE SELECT +
FORK: ROCKSHOX REVELATION RC, 150 MM TRAVEL
HEADSET: ACROS ZS44 / ZS56
STEM: RIDE ALPHA FREERIDE 40
BAR: RIDE ALPHA R20 760 ON S - RIDE ALPHA R27 780 ON M / L - RIDE ALPHA R27 800 ON XL
GRIPS: ODI ELITE MOTION
BRAKES: SRAM GUIDE T, 4 PISTONS, MATCHMAKER COMPATIBLE
SHIFTERS: SRAM SX EAGLE
REAR MECH: SRAM SX EAGLE
BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM DUB
CRANKSET: SRAM X1 1000 EAGLE, 170 MM CRANK ARMS, DUB, BOOST
CHAIN: SRAM NX EAGLE
CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1210
RIMS: E13 LG1 EN BASE 29''
HUBS: REAR: FORMULA DCL-348A - FRONT: FORMULA DC-711
SPOKES / NIPPLES: SAPIM RACE
TYRES: REAR: MAXXIS DISSECTOR - FRONT: MAXXIS DHR II
SEATPOST: KS RAGE-I
SADDLE: SDG BEL AIR V3
WEIGHT: 15,8 KG / 34.83 LB
ACCESSORIES: DOWN TUBE PROTECTOR, CHAINSTAY PROTECTOR, SEATSTAY PROTECTOR