Pre-order now sizes M, L and XL in stock Dec 2022. Size S will be back in stock Jan 2023, order now to avoid disappointment!
Payment methods available for Commencal are WorldPay, Paypal and Laybuy. Other payment methods will be refunded in full and the order cancelled.
Free home delivery for this product, don't miss out!
Includes customs duty and VAT so no hidden costs to be received at a later date.
Commencal bikes are distributed directly from the Commencal warehouse in France, please allow up to 10 working days for delivery.
The FRS is a sleek bike with timeless lines. It can shake up times on the clock thanks to its energy and it's guaranteed to put a smile on the face of riders who love steep freeride lines, letting loose and just having big fun.
Designing this FRS was not so easy.
It is seemingly simple, yet it is a melting pot of technology, which draws on our experience from the design and engineering of its predecessors. The work done for this year revolves around three key points - kinematics, geometry and frame construction - all bringing more performance and reliability.
We believe that it is 100% essential to work with only the best materials. Therefore, we are using a series of Aluminium triple butted (AL 6066) tubes which offer several advantages:
- Tube shapes are improved to enhance mechanical characteristics.
- The weight of the frame is optimised and the longitudinal and transverse flex is controlled.
With the kinematics we retain two distinct anchor positions for the rocker/linkage which are easily modifiable to:
- Be able to use a spring or air shock independently without having to make compromises.
- Enable the choice between a setting focused on grip (sensitive) or liveliness (responsive).
- Allow for the 2 curves of the kinematics to be linear for better connection with the ground (the tyre/ground contact is truer) and more comfort through the travel.
- Ride with less SAG without it being uncomfortable.
As reliability is also one of our major points, we've worked on the details that make the difference:
- The bearings are oversized, and the rocker is designed to minimise the stress applied to the shock. This ensures better operation and optimises reliability.
- The shock absorber support is embedded in the down tube. The line of the frame is cleaned of all elements that may complicate it.
A few points on the finishes:
- The cables pass the main pivot point as closely as possible in order to reduce displacement and wear.
- New inserts on the head tube allow the joints to hold perfectly.
- The double density injected chain stay protector is completely revised. The body is made of polypropylene for excellent fit on the chain stay.
- The FRS is fitted with down tube protection. No more worrying about rock bashes, chips or rubbing in the back of a pick-up.
FRS. DH in all forms and without any compromises.
About the FRS OHLINS
The FRS ÖHLINS pays homage to its high-end components and suspension with a shiny refined and classy Ash Grey paint.
It is indeed equipped with the best ÖHLINS suspension:
- A TTX22M shock is known for its sensitivity to small impacts.
- The DH38 Air fork is best for the FRS thanks to its great precision through big impacts, plus it's efficient and easy to adjust.
On the braking side, the SHIMANO XT 4-piston brakes are THE Gravity benchmark thanks to their power, reliability and clean feel. The same goes for the DT SWISS FR560 wheels which are strong and robust. Combined with the tyre combo of a SCHWALBE Magic Marry and a Big Betty and their SuperGravity casing, this FRS is a reliable and lively bike.
A collector's item, designed for performance.
FRAME: 2022 FURIOUS, 200 MM TRAVEL
SHOCK: OHLINS TTX22M
FORK: OHLINS DH38 AIR, 200 MM TRAVEL
HEADSET: ACROS ZS44 / ZS56
STEM: RIDE ALPHA DH 40
BAR: RIDE ALPHA R27
GRIPS: ODI ELITE MOTION
BRAKES: SHIMANO XT, 4 PISTONS, I-SPEC EV COMPATIBLE
SHIFTERS: SRAM GX DH
CHAIN GUIDE: E13 VARIO
REAR MECH: SRAM GX DH
BOTTOM BRACKET: SRAM DUB
CRANKSET: TRUVATIV DESCENDANT DH, 165 MM CRANK ARMS, DUB
CHAIN: KMC X11EL
CASSETTE: SRAM GX DH
RIMS: DT SWISS FR560
HUBS: REAR: DT SWISS 350 - FRONT: DT SWISS 350
SPOKES / NIPPLES: DT SWISS COMPETITION
TYRES: REAR: SCHWALBE MAGIC MARY - FRONT: SCHWALBE BIG BETTY
SEATPOST: SDG MICRO I-BEAM
SADDLE: SDG PATRIOT I-BEAM
WEIGHT: 16,5 KG / 36.37 LB
COLOUR: ASH GREY
ACCESSORIES: DOWN TUBE PROTECTOR, CHAINSTAY PROTECTOR, SEATSTAY PROTECTOR, SHUTTLE PAD, FORK BUMPERS